Monday, March 31, 2008

dwelling on the good

Well if you know me I am one of those people who see the "good potential" in everyone I meet. I always hope for the best. Today I realized that there are about three people in my life that I cannot see any good in at all. As I was talking with Jaime about them I realized this and tears started streaming down my face, we were in chick-fil-a by the way good time to cry Sarah. I have never known anyone that I could not see anything positive in. There was a time that I did see the good in them but that is now all been destroyed by all of the hurt that has been rained down upon me by them. A very wise man said that hurt people hurt people. Then I realized that they are hurt people but the sad thing is that they don't want any help. They want to remain hurt so that they can stay in control. So maybe all they can do is hurt. So I have decided that this week I am going to find some good in them, with God's help of course. Or more like He is going to help me find good in them. He knows their every thought, their fears and dreams. He loves them more than I ever could and I need to find out what makes them special. God has made everyone of us in His image so in a sense we all have a piece of Him in our personality. I need to see where that piece of Him is. Maybe if I can find this piece of Him in them I can focus on this. Maybe there is something to Philippians 4:8 after all.

No comments: