Saturday, March 29, 2008

Word World and its effects on my kids

So incase you don't have kids and don't watch PBS, Word World is this show that uses letters to build words and then those words turn into the word they built. For example, one day they made pie. So all they did was put together the letters P I E and that made a pie. This is a great show and and ingenious idea. There is a down side however. Today Christian woke up and he told me he wanted to build a rocket. I'm thinking alright he is just going to put some of his toys together to look like a rocket. Oh I was sadly mistaken. So I ask him how he is going to build this rocket and he said with letters, mom I need an r. I start cracking up but of course he did not think that it was funny at all and insisted that he needed these letters. So what did I do? I did what any good mom would do and distracted him with food! I am sure that he will want something later and try to build it with letters but Jaime did not get to witness this experience so I want to see what he will say when his son wants a spaceship and he needs some letters so that he can build himself one.

No comments: