Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Breaking Free

Someday I seriously want to meet Beth Moore and thank her for being obedient to God and writing down the things that He has taught her. Well right now I am going through Breaking Free. I have heard many amazing things about this study and I am starting to see them for myself. You might be thinking, Sarah what do you need to break free from? Well there are several things and I am sure that I haven't discovered them all yet. I feel like one thing is definitely fear. The fear of not being good enough for anything in life, ie. wife, friend, mom, daughter, or person. So hopefully by the end of the study God will lead me to a place that I can break free from this. Today was about God's peace and she said the best thing that I have ever heard, "Peace shouldn't be an infrequent surprise but an ongoing rule." As I read these words I thought, "Yes! That is amazing! I want peace to be an ongoing rule in my life. Where can I get some of that?" If you know anything about what has been going on in my life you would probably agree that I could use some peace right about now. Of course I am going to have to work at it but now I have some pretty good verses to hold onto. I just love how God reveals things to me, basically it's a, "Hello Sarah! How many ways can I say this?" But He says it in such a loving way. He speaks so tenderly to me that my heart just melts. There is truly no one that can talk to me the way that He does. I love Him so much He is definitley amazing! I can't wait to finish breaking free!

No comments: