Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ouch!

Have you ever been so dedicated to something and then it turns around and slaps you in the face? Well welcome to my world! Now lately I have been trying to make light of the situation but it doesn't seem to be making my husband feel any better. If you didn't know my husband is fluent in sarcasm and it is definitely his defense mechanism. Now that he all he can say about this particular situation he is in. He tells me things like they just aren't ready for my ideas or cracks jokes about being avoided like he is the plague. Oh and my personal favorite is they saw his name and threw it away. Honestly I know that we are supposed to be doing what we are but it is just frustrating to see people not caring about what they are paid to care about. Sure I can get frustrated from time to time but never judgemental and I definitely never give up on anyone. Jaime is always telling me to be more positive but I can't seem to find it in his sarcasm. I guess that is kind of like when I tell my kids to clean their room and they claim that one of them isn't helping so why should any of them have to do it. I am normally a positive person and I try to look for the good in everyone but that has been difficult for the past year. Matt Brown said one of the wisest things I have ever heard two Sundays ago. He said that life isn't like making cookies. You can follow the directions and things can still go wrong. Man is that not true in my life. We will see, hopefully this next year will be better than the last.

No comments: